My latest make is a wearable muslin in preparation for my winter sewing.
The pattern is a Marcy Tilton dress and jacket. I had made the jacket earlier and featured it in a post here.
I used fabric that I had in my stash
This has two different designs one side has autumn tones and flowers with lines, and the other with spots of varying sizes. that gave me two of the fabrics needed for the dress, and the other contrast was the fabric used in the jacket the sheer black .
The black was used for one sleeve , the small pocket and a part of the collar.I realized after cutting the pattern out that the body of the dress was a little sheer. I went to the sewing room to search for fabric ,and I found a jersey skirt in black that I was getting rid of. It was a long black skirt, that is never a good idea for someone of my limited height( you would think I would know this), but for some reason I have accumulated them over the years. This one was perfect to cut up for my lining.
the dress in the process of being made.I really like the contrast between the fabric.
The dress was good to sew, I have decided though that I won’t put the pocket into the next make of this pattern. It really does not add anything , it’s too small to use and is a little fiddly.I finished it but…
This was one of those times when adjustments were needed after it was finished.
Being vertically challenged when I looked at the photos below I realized that I needed to make it shorter. This just looks too long and a little frumpy. So I went back to the sewing machine . I reduced the bodice panel length a bit of unpicking but necessary so as not to lose the balance, in the panels.
The next installment ismore flattering. This is a better length but when I wore it out I added a belt for this look,and wore leggings with it. It is comfortable and easy.
I am looking forward to making it again.
Hope you are enjoying your sewing,
Pingback: MMMAY16 Week 1 | suessewbynme