I found this great printed sheer the colors were almost textural, so I made a wearable muslin from it:
This is the toughest part , I don’t know about you but the thought of cutting slashes in the front and back of a garment gives me heart palpitations. Paranoia reigns but these slashes are what drew me to this pattern.
The seams on this top are finished as french seams, as after you slash they may be visible. I made a rookie mistake on the muslin. I have been using Burda Style patterns for years and I KNOW that you MUST add seam allowance when you are drafting as they are not added in the pattern pieces but I was in such a hurry to make this and I didn’t add them, so, this is what happened when I tried on the muslin. I found that there was not enough width across the bust SO I had to add another piece to fill the gap. As such I made a flourish with some scrap fabric and added an interesting button. I like the end result I think it works well.
The fabric I found in my stash for my final garment is this :
I love the color and texture of this my only dilemma was not quite enough fabric as I this came from my stash .As such I had to color match some jersey to make the under layer. It works well I feel although I did try to find some of the original fabric but no luck.
This is a great top to wear not only comfortable but fun and a little bit wild and unrestrained. I am really pleased with it and will most certainly make more of this pattern. I have worn it quite a bit , its now a favorite both the muslin and the final garment.