As the challenge for this Months make a garment a month was stash busting I had intended making a number of things that I had cut out ready.
Life got in the way as it often does and we decided to take a week to drive our son back to University in Melbourne and travel around so I had to change my plans. First to jump the sewing queue.
This is a great pattern a really nice shape and I found it fits well.The fabric I chose is this stripe stretch from Tessuti.It is a lovely color mix with black ,ivory white and blue stripes. I plan to wear it with lots of the makes on the pile for this season and those to come . When I bought the fabric I did my usual and guessed what I would need for a top or dress. BUT I didn’t factor in matching the stripes. Silly I know but I just loved it and initially was going to make a dress so thought all would be fine. When I laid it out to make the top I discovered that I would need some tricky handling to match the stripes. Some seams were easy but the fabric was quite tricky and a lot of basting was done to ensure a match.
I ended up inserting some hat elastic through the neck edge to stabilize it as it kept stretching when I tried to add the neckband.
This is one of the ways I have been wearing this top the fabric is lovely and soft.
I will post about our trip next time.